Before starting to sell a product on Amazon, it’s very important to understand all the fees by using an Amazon FBA Fee Calculator!
In the product research phase, it’s super helpful to be able to quickly calculate your potential ROI and make an educated decision on what products to sell. Using Amazon FBA Calculators will give you a break down of all the fee’s
The main Amazon Fee’s are :
- Selling on Amazon
- Referral Fee – this is the fee that Amazon charges to essentially “bring” you the customers
- Variable Closing Fee – this fee is only charged when selling certain media items like cds, dvds, books and other similar products. The fee will vary depending on the specific product sold
- Amazon Fulfillment Fee’s
- Monthly Storage – the fee Amazon charges for your product to be stored at the fulfillment warehouses
- Fulfillment Fee – this is what Amazon charges to handle all the pick, pack, returns, refunds, handling, customer service and everything else that comes along with getting your product to the customer
The Amazon Revenue or Profit Calculator is created directly by Amazon. It will give you a break down of the fees for both FBA and FBM. The only downfall here is that you have to switch between tabs and can’t access the calculator while researching on Amazon
The AMZ Scout Chrome Extension is a great way to calculate all the fees while directly on the Amazon product listing. This helps cut down on time when doing your product research so you can quickly look at the profitability.
Their FBA calculator shows you the date first available on Amazon along with an ESTIMATE of the monthly sales. Another helpful feature is the CPC cost slot that will allow you to calculate overall ROI when spending a certain amount on PPC advertising per month
AMZ Scout also provides a web-based Amazon FBA calculator so if you are not using chrome you can still access all of the information
The Viral Launch Market Intelligence Chrome Extension has a cost calculator that comes built-in
The tool will take an average of the product dimensions that it is picking up from the page you are currently on. So be careful when first using this chrome extension as it may give you different numbers due to the averages. You have the ability to edit them so it’s not an issue as long as you’re aware
This FBA Calculator really shines with the extra features in the Advanced Settings tab. They allow you to calculate things like:
- Estimated Initial Order
- Landed Unit Cost
- Diligence Cost – inspection, duty fees, sourcing agent, etc…
- Software and Services – product photography, product research tools, product design/packaging, and more…
- Product Promotions – along with estimates for your launch
They are basing the estimated initial order and product promotions numbers on your predefined goals and ranking strategy. This is a HUGE benefit when doing your product research so you can truly see all of the “hidden” costs
The Jungle Scout Chrome Extension also has a built-in profit calculator when you purchase the PRO version. Click on the “net” data to automatically pull up a pre-populated fee calculator.
You only have two changeable options in the chrome extension. You can change the selling price and the landed cost of goods. Make sure to account for shipping when using this calculator!
The Seller Prime profit calculator allows you to change the product cost along with the shipping to Amazon cost. This is a very simple and easy to use chrome extension that easily displays the necessary data
The Jungle Scout Profit Calculator is more in-depth than the chrome extension but has to be downloaded and manipulated in Excel. You can account for the following costs :
- Upfront Costs – product samples, photos, packaging, graphic design, and more
- Fixed Costs – cost of goods, shipping, importing fees, and more
- Variable Costs – Amazon PPC advertising, promotions, etc…
This is a great way to get a really good idea of the overall picture when looking into a product to sell
The Zally.io Amazon FBA fee calculator automatically loads on the screen which can be annoying at times and slows things down in the process.
This chrome extension does allow you to calculate the profit for both FBA and FBM while giving you ROI targets to quickly see the profitability. They also provide links to CamelCamelCamel and Keepa that are specific to the product you are looking at which is super helpful!
The Seller Cast profit calculator also loads automatically which definitely slows things down and closing out everytime you open a new page can get old fast.
This calculator also allows you to calculate the fees for both FBA and FBM. Along with the different fulfillment methods, you can change the selling price and the purchase price
Let me know in the comments what Amazon FBA Fee Calculator you use and why!